The global optical coherence tomography (OCT) for ophthalmology market is set to enjoy a valuation of US$ 580 million in 2022 and further expand at a CAGR of 6% through 2026, according to the detailed industry analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
An advanced method used for high-resolution cross-sectional imaging is optical coherence tomography. Similar to ultrasound imaging, optical coherence tomography is a sort of non-invasive imaging technique. Coherent light is used in this technique to take photographs in both, two and three dimensions. This technique is employed to examine translucent tissues.
Furthermore, this technique is utilized to analyse data from the field of ophthalmology and track the health of the retina. The two main advantages of optical coherence tomography during a biopsy are high-resolution imaging and great penetration depth. Real-time photographs of tissue can be produced using this technology. As a result, it can be applied to ocular biopsy and can lower biopsy-related simple mistakes.
Download Sample Copy of this Report:https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7618
The market is anticipated to rise as a result of ongoing innovation and the development of newer technologies, as well as higher demand from new biomedical application fields such as medication delivery, rising demand for early illness diagnosis, and rising prevalence of eye ailments.
However, the lack of benevolent reimbursement regulations and clinical data may impede industry expansion over the next few years. High-resolution cross-sectional imaging is made possible by the developing technology known as optical coherence tomography.
Which Regions are Expected to Generate High Revenue for OCT Ophthalmology Equipment Manufacturers?
"Asia Pacific Profitable Region for OCT Equipment Producers Due to Rapidly Developing Healthcare Sector"
The increasing cases of diabetic retinopathy in the North America region as well as the increased use of retinopathy for macular degeneration, retinal diseases, and glaucoma can be attributed to the region's dominant position in the global optical coherence tomography for ophthalmology market.
In Europe, vision impairment is a prevalent problem. The prevalence of such issues could rise in the future due to a rapidly increasing rate of the senior population in the region. The severity of vision impairments can range from minor vision anomalies to total blindness.
Get in touch with our Analyst at https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=7618
Key Segments Covered in the Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for Ophthalmology Industry Survey
- By Product :
- Conventional OCT Systems
- Handheld OCT Systems
- Integrated OCT Systems
- By Application :
- By End User :
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Ophthalmic Clinics
- Semiconductor Industries
- Chemical & Polymer Industries
- Automotive Industry
- By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
The biggest suppliers of OCT systems are battling to keep up with the high demand while also looking for fresh ways to increase their footprints, such as mergers & acquisitions and partnerships with like-minded market participants.
- The next-generation EnFocus intraoperative OCT system from Leica Microsystems was launched in November 2020 to support surgical workflow and assist ophthalmic surgeons in achieving surgical perfection through anterior and posterior section surgeries.
- Abbott unveiled its first virtual reality solution for optical coherence tomography in 2020. Cardiologists will use this for training purposes.
- The release of 3D Maestro2 was announced by TOPCON Canada Inc. in 2019. An optical coherence tomography system can also perform optical coherence tomography angiography in the spectrum domain.
Get Full Access of This Premium Report: https://www.factmr.com/checkout/7618
Key players in the Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for Ophthalmology Market
- Agfa Healthcare
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Heidelberg Engineering GmbH
- Imalux Corp.
- Michelson Diagnostics
- Novacam Technologies, Inc.
Key Takeaways from Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for Ophthalmology Market Study
- Conventional OCT system sales are expected to expand at a CAGR of 6% from 2022 to 2026.
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) and 3D imaging are combined in handheld OCT equipment to aid in the early diagnosis of a variety of eye illnesses, such as macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma.
- The incidence of choroidal and retinal illnesses is increasing rapidly, which will increase the number of products that ophthalmologists use for imaging and diagnosing.
- Since a majority of manufacturers are heavily concentrated in North America and Europe, revisions and the introduction of new technologies are anticipated to drive the growth of the optical coherence tomography market in these regions over the coming years.
Explore Fact.MR'S Comprehensive Coverage on Chemical & Materail Domain
Collagen and HA-based Biomaterials Market- https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2022/09/21/2519942/0/en/Use-of-Collagen-and-HA-based-Biomaterials-to-Be-Prominent-in-Joint-Reconstructive-Surgeries-Fact-MR-Report.html#:~:text=The%20global%20collagen%20and%20HA,rise%20in%20anti%2Dageing%20treatments.
Laparotomy Sponges Market- https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2022/10/03/2526452/0/en/Sales-of-Laparotomy-Sponges-Are-Projected-to-Reach-a-Market-Size-of-US-1-6-billion-By-2027-Radiopaque-Laparotomy-Sponges-Widely-Used-in-Thoracic-Surgical-Procedures-Report-Fact-MR.html
Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market- https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/anesthesia-monitoring-devices-market-to-exceed-us-3-4-billion-by-2027-amid-rising-prevalence-of-degenerative-and-chronic-illnesses-301659609.html
Fact.MR is a market research and consulting agency with deep expertise in emerging market intelligence. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare, technology, chemical and materials, to even the most niche categories.
Contact:US Sales Office :11140 Rockville PikeSuite 400Rockville, MD 20852United StatesTel: +1 (628) 251-1583E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Campaign: https://www.factmr.com/industry/healthcare
+1 (628) 251-1583Tags:PR-Wirein, Financial Content, Reportedtimes, Extended Distribution, Research Newswire, English